I got this beautiful silk georgette and I knew I wanted to sew a blouse out of it. I self-drafted it. My favourite aspect of it was the V-neck which I knew I would love! But I wasn’t sure if big sleeves and a really wide bodice would be fine for me. lol! Experimentation again with the self-drafted patterns.
So, I got this fabric from La Fab Tessuti and it had this animal print which had lighter and darker spots on it. In the pattern drafting, I wanted to take the benefit of it and place it in a certain manner, so it would have a certain level of uniformity))) I placed the dark spots on the back and front of the self-drafted blouse and I also added pleats to the back.
Pros & Cons of my self-drafted silk blouse.
Let’s jump into PROs:
- I love the silk georgette fabric
- I love the pattern and the color of the fabric
- I adore the wide sleeves (it was a pure experiment for me)
- The wide-shaping goes amazingly with all my skinny jeans
- I knew I would love the V-neck!
- The pleats on the darker side of the fabric on the back came out so good!!! (this was my first time sewing pleats and silk georgette wasn’t helping much, lol!)
- I wish I still had the pattern to repeat it in as many colors as possible! (unfortunately, due to moving it is no longer with me)
Will I sew this self-drafted blouse again?
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to because I had to throw away the pattern I have drafted, but I am 100% sure that when I will get a chance I will redraft it and make as many as I can possibly can!
Do I recommend it?
Definitely! Although it might not be very appealing to cut thin silk fabrics, the final result is worth it so much!
I AM WEARING:
- Self-drafted silk blouse
- Uniqlo skinny jeans (they were light blue, I painted them dark grey at home, supposed to be black, but came out dark greenish grey)
- Michael Kors bag
- Sam Edelman shoes
- Rings and earrings from Santiago de Compostela street markets
- Gown cardigan by Irene Lin in Rowan Felted Tweed
- (The furry friend was watching us from that bush during the photo session, he was super cute!)